Monday, June 24, 2013

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition

A good friend of mine recently talked me into pledging my support for the newest iteration of Call of Cthulhu - one of may favorite RPGs of all time.  Information about the Kickstarter campaign may be found here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/448333182/call-of-cthulhu-7th-edition.

I am happy that CoC is receiving the love that it deserves.  It is, in my opinion, one of the greatest RPGs of all time.    I actually enjoyed the demise of my character, the esteemed Dr.Whitfield Gropes.  Ironically, he didn't die in some asylum, slavering and howling at the moon.  He died in a plane crash.

Given the fact that the six previous editions of CoC are perfectly fine, I suppose a new edition isn't imperative.  However, this edition could be the greatest edition of all.  I am so excited about it that I have started to dream of cyclopean architecture and tenebrous darkness. 

We'll have to see what happens.  I am sure that the finished product will not disappoint.  I plan to use some of it in my Hrulvir campaign. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment